Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Down Memory Lane

As I was writing my previous post - A Fashion Dilemma and a Very Eco-Chic Solution - I couldn't help but drift down memory lane just a bit. I was thinking about my Grandmother, how beautiful, strong, and elegant she was. Then Christmas came and with it more memories, thoughts about those who are no longer with us - as it always is. Out came the photo albums and old, old family pictures, saved over decades, through wars, occupations, regimes, finally arriving on the West Coast of the USA... Who would have ever imagined that? Anyway - I found this photograph of my Grandparents. So young, just married, with no worries (the last World War hadn't started yet). My Grandma wearing one of her fur collars, impossibly chic in a little hat, carrying a clutch. My Grandpa looking dashing in a hat and a long coat I still remember (I used to hide in it, it was lined in fur, so warm and fluffy inside). I am so glad I found this little memory of my Grandparents, what a lovely image!

No comments:

Post a Comment