Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fall Cravings

August is here and summer is still here, but I'm impatiently awaiting September issues of Bazaar, Vogue, and Elle with their loadful of autumn and winter fashions - it's almost like getting new school books before a new school year starts.  When I was a kid the major thrill was shopping for new school stuff, books smelling of fresh print, pages crisp.  I loved choosing new pens, pencils, new colorful markers, everything was so new, fresh, and holding promise.
Many years later I still get that anticipatory flutter - looking forward to pouring over thick tomes of magazines.  Even in the age of internet, when fall collections are announced well in advance, the allure of glossy pages draws me in.  For me September issues are like Christmas gifts in summer, and a postman a Santa in a blue uniform.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment