Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vive la France!

Happy Birrthday to France, my favorite travel destination!  July 14th 1789 marks the beginning of France as a modern nation.  Yes, it was bloody and I think generally dreadful, but it has been celebrated ever since as a big national holiday.  In my family, although we're not French, we are drawn to French food, places, traditions, and - naturellement - fashion.  Here, in Seattle, far away from France, Cafe Campagne is my favorite spot where I can perch at the bar and sip my kir royale.  From there Le Panier is conveniently close by to pick up a baguette and a bag of macarons.  In my 'hood we adore sitting in the garden of Le Reve and munch on croque monsieur...

 Vive La France!

Claude Monet, Rue Montorgueil, Paris, Festival of June 30, 1878.

No comments:

Post a Comment